Baka Gaijin

I will be posting on this blog while I am in Japan from May 2, 2006 till July 10th, 2006 working as set photographer for a series of music video shoots of John Kaizan Neptune. Who knows what sort of adventures I will run across while I'm there...oh yeah Baka Gaijin is Japanese...it means Stupid Foreigner.

Monday, July 03, 2006

just another day in Tokyo

Spent the day in Tokyo today. We had a meeting with the man that's funding this whole DVD project, so it was great for me to finally meet him. He's a great guy named Goto San. We took a copy of the videos that David has finished so far and the two slideshows that I've put together and showed them to him and a few of the people at his office. They liked them very much and, from what I could tell, were very impressed. It's encouraging to hear that someone that wasn't involved directly in the (wow, there is a giant bug crawling on my screen right now) making of the videos likes them and was actually impressed. Especiallly for my slideshows, after making them and looking at them a million times they seemed so normal to me, but the guys at the office thought the photos were awesome. So, yay for that!

After the meeting David and I walked around Tokyo a bit. We dropped into a gallery of photos by one of their friends that does pinhole camera photography. (http://www.edophoto.com/) He has some really great stuff. It is all done with a pinhole camera which makes it even more impressive in my opinion. After the gallery we went to eat at a hamburger steak place, YUMMY food and lots of it for under ¥1000 ($10), which is pretty amazing for Japan, especially for Tokyo. The rest of the afternoon/evening we just wondered the streets looking at shops and cute girls..of which there were way too many today! I could seriously go for a Japanese girl...if only I could communicate a bit better! Oh well, we'll see....

I guess that's it for now

3 Comments:

At 11:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

queria que la criticaras....(la foto q mande)...

 
At 3:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey nate, great day for you ! you have let 2 weeks before you go so, try harder with japanese girls, acuerdate de las frases para ligar: que bonitos ojos tienes jajaja .. cuidate mucho, me dio mucho gusto hablar contigo !! Saludos desde Monterrey. Nuevo Leon México ! =)

 
At 12:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh oh oh!!!y tienes q poner fotos de tus novias japonesas!! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home